Here’s an interesting exercise to better understand a range of personalities. You’ll need a simple protractor found at school or office supply stores. You will be measuring the angle of slant that letters have from the base line of writing. For instance, you will measure the top part of an “h,” “k” or “f” to determine the slant of the writing. Take at least 50 measurements from the writing sample.
- A chameleon personality will have a slant every which-way from 0 to 78 degrees and from 126 to 180 degrees.
- A mender personality will have a backward slant of 78 to 89 degrees.
- A thinker has a more vertical slant from 89 to 98 degrees.
- A juggler has a right slant from 98 to 111 degrees.
- A pleaser also has a right slant from 111 to 126 degrees
- A reactor has the most pronounced right slant from 126 to 180 degrees.
Source: Instant People Reading Through Handwriting by Anne Conway.