Colors can alter your attitude and affect your mood. Challenge yourself to wear colors you would not normally wear, just to see the effect they can have. It isn’t necessary to dress entirely in the color of choice; small splashes of color in a scarf, tie or belt worn on the body will suffice. Here’s a brief listing of some of the more common colors.
- Red is useful for eliminating negative thoughts or frustration and to counteract a lack of energy.
- Orange helps when you are feeling indecisive or lacking in motivation, are fearful or anxious.
- Yellow helps overcome frustration, underestimating yourself, loneliness and depression. Yellow also helps promote concentration.
- Green eliminates tension, anger and impatience and creates stability and clear thinking.
- Blue eliminates anxiety and creates confidence as well as buffers you from people who drain your energy.
- Indigo eliminates negativity and is mentally stimulating.
- Violet reduces guilt, worry, stress and feelings of inadequacy.
- Silver helps you gain enough confidence to start trusting others and increases your sense of self-worth.
- Gold helps eliminate self-sabotaging feelings about money and success.
- Brown helps eliminate panic attacks, anxiety and emotional insecurity.
- White helps eliminate negative feelings of being overwhelmed by the needs of others; as well as helps to fortify following a new direction.
- Black provides strength and the ability to stand up for yourself and helps to keep others at a distance.
Source: Color Magic for Beginners by Richard Webster.