Cleansing crystals removes unwanted energy and restores them to their original clarity, so cleansing should be carried out each time your crystals are used for healing. Several techniques can be used for cleansing:
- Sun and Water – hold the stones under running water for a minute and then place in the sun to dry.
- Incense or Smudge Stick – Hold the crystal within the smoke of incense or smudge stick. Sage, cedar, sandalwood and frankincense have purifying qualities.
- Place the crystal on a quartz or amethyst cluster or surround the crystal with clear quartz points for 24 hours.
- Sound – vibrations of pure sound can energetically clean a stone. A bell, gong or tuning fork can be used to cleanse crystals.
- Visualization – take a deep breath and blow over the crystal while imagining away any negatives, repeat the process.
- Sea Salt – use dry sea salt in a small container and bury the stone for 24 hours. Do not use salt water, as salt water could damage some of the softer crystals.
Source: Crystal Healing by Simon Lilly.