When you’ve identified a pattern of behavior or a situation you want to change in your life, make one small gesture that expresses your intent to change. Then do the following:
- On the first night of the Full Moon, jot down your desire on a sheet of paper in an ink of a color that seems appropriate for what you want (for instance, if you want to be more creative in your professional life, use gold ink, for a change in your financial situation, use green ink.)
- Then light two candles of a color close to the color of ink you have used.
- Read your wish out loud three times.
- Back the words with emotion, as if you really mean them.
- Tuck your written desire under a power object that has significance for you.
- Let the candles burn out naturally.
- On the second night of the full moon, light two more candles of the same color.
- Repeat your wish three times.
- Then touch the paper to one of the flames and say: “As this paper is burning, I release my wish, my need. My deepest yearnings. A new life’s seed.”
- When the second set of candles has finished burning, toss them out.
Source: The Everything Spells & Charms Book by Trish MacGregor.